Apple’s iOS 7 launch isn’t going as smoothly as they had hoped. Users trying to update their iPhone or iPad to iOS 7 via OTA (over the air) are receiving the error “Software Update Unavailable”. If they then try to update using iTunes many receive a different error, “iTunes error 9006″. Apple’s official fix doesn’t seem to be much help. Apple might be out to lunch on the issue but I figured out a workaround that will let you update via OTA, circumventing the “Software Update Unavailable” error. Just follows these steps:
1) Perform a hard reset by holding power + home until the device shuts off. (This step MUST be a hard reset. Do not simply power off the device by holding the power button and sliding to reset.)
2) Turn the device on by pressing the power button and enter your passcode.
–If prompted that an update is available, proceed with the installation. If not, continue to steps 3-10 below.
3) Open Setting and go to the Wireless Settings.
4) Hit the arrow next to the Wireless network you’re currently connected to, scroll down, click forget network.
5) Back out and turn off wireless.
6) Close the settings app.
7) Open the settings app, go to Wireless Settings, turn wireless on again.
8) Connect to your wireless network.
9) Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
10) Click install on the available update.
That’s it! The software update will now verify, your phone will reboot, and the upgrade to iOS 7 will begin.«The American Congress 9/11 Tribute In Light - Royalty Free Stock Photos »